Retro Pages

Friday 25 March 2011

Nintendo 3DS

While not Retro, Today is the European Launch of the Nintendo 3DS!
I've been waiting for this for over a year now, since they announced the thing,
So I've been saving up nice and managed to pick it up today, the first day of launch!
Due to a slightly annoying mix up, I had to travel all the way back to town to swap the 3DSs over as mmy dad handed the wrong one... But as a result, I owned both colours of the 3DS!
Check it out.
Front of Both Boxes (Top - Cosmos Black / Bottom - Aqua Blue)
Dad brought home the Black one but I preordered the Blue one and the worker at the 
till mixed em up so I had to go all the way back into Town to pick up the right one..

When I opened the box and took out my Nintendo 3DS I was AMAZED, and I hadn't even switched the thing on!



The system has a GORGEOUS metallic body with a thin plastic coating which makes it looks just..wow.
Flip the lid and you can see the Circle Pad the Widescreen 3D Display and the 3D slider

I haven't got pics of me playing it but I even switching it on and seeing such simple things as Text Bubbles in 3D was astounding, it makes it seem as if there's no screen but instead, a window through which you can see everything inside. Even the little menu title screens were impressive!

I had a quick go at making a Mii and was impressed with the added hair styles and colours and the way you could look around your Mii in 3D. I then played 2 of the 6 AR games (AR Target and AR Shot)
they were really fun but I only had a quick go so I could probably get lots more out of it.
I also played a quick game of Face Raiders and I was REALLY impressed with that, It takes a photo of your face and then the photo jumps out at you in full 3D, dons a warlord-style helmet and rushes away, the aim of the game is to move your 3DS around, looking throughout the environment you are in through the Stereo 3DS outside cameras, you find small faces wearing Helmets and shoot them before they get a chance to kiss the screen and decrease your life bar. It's a very fun game for Score-Chasers.

All in all, I had HIGH expectation for the 3DS but I can still say that, now owning it, it surpasses all of them,
This console was well worth the wait and hopefully I can buy a game for it soon as I didn't have the money to buy one at Launch.

A pic of me holding the N3DS Box with my cat in the background

Toku-R

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to get one. Just looking at it makes me eager. Though I think the first thing I'd do when i get- after i had exmained it- would to be play my ds games. I miss my ds greatly :( Arrh well i suppose tat will make recieveing the console even more rewarding XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha you'll love it to bits when you get it, and yeah I heard about your DS really sorry bout that one.. one this is that the 3DS upscales the DS games and makes Pokemon Black imo look shoddy, you can press select/start to downscale again, but I haven't figured out how to do that yet.

    I haven't got a game with it but the pre-installed stuff is real fun! Me, you and Caitlin need to meet up one day and do a joined post thingy haha, and you can mess around with the 3DS if you like :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want it...so bad..........

    ReplyDelete