Retro Pages

Sunday 6 March 2011

My Weekend and N64 Update

Okay, so on the weekend I managed to pick up 2 more N64 games, 
Wave Race 64 and Blast Corps only for £4!


I've only played Wave Race for a little bit but, I think it's quite cool, it feels very realistic the way you race across the ocean, Blast Corps on the other hand I've played for quite a bit.
The basic objective of the game is to smash, blow up and destroy everything, and boy does it feel good.
With a huge variety of vehicles and robots to smash things with (each with their own unique control) Blast Corps is a very deep game that will keep your interest.

The other thing that was cool about the weekend was the fact that I got to play on a genuine six-button, joystick Arcade Cabinet! I know this sounds a bit odd considering how big a fan of Retro Gaming I am but I was born in the mid-nineties and never got the chance to go to many arcades, so for that I am ashamed.
The game itself was Metal Slug, what better game to experience on an AC?
I had a good play, though not as long as I would've liked as I had parents waiting,
but it was a brilliant experience.
I also got to have a quick go at the 3DS when I was in Game,
brilliant stuff as this was the first time I'd seen the console in person.
I had a quick go at the AR Target Shooting and I was very impressed.
Check it out on Youtube or something.

Toku-R

1 comment:

  1. IT'S FRIIIDAAAAY PARTY AT THE WEEKEND

    Which seat can I take?

    ReplyDelete