Retro Pages

Sunday 27 March 2011

Hitting the Jackpot

Today, I got up at 12:00 after yesterday's long and fun night.
 I was told we were going to a farm, apparantly there was a rummage sale sort of thing so I agreed to come along, after all, you never know what you're going to find at these things.
I often dream about finding a person selling a pile of Anime or N64 Games but I could have never expected to find what I did there!

We looked over the whole place and picked up a Chinese Lacquer-ware Box for £2.50 which was really cool, I doubt that it's anything valuable but it's a nice find none the less!


After looking once, we were about to head off and I VERY NEARLY missed it..
I looked down and saw a black N64 and a Sega Master System II!
I asked the man who ran the stall how much it was and he said he'll give me the lot for a fiver!
What a result! 2 great retro consoles for £5!
But that wasn't the whole of it, I got home and on further inspection of the dusty, dirty box I found that there wasn't just 2 consoles in there but FOUR!
I found a black N64, a Sega Master System (1 and 2) and a Sega Mega Drive II!
And with them came a Master System game (Rampart) 3 Master System Controllers,
A Sega Mega Drive controller and the Sega Master System Light Phaser!
(and all the leads and plugs necessary to play)


Needless to say I was BEYOND chuffed, 4 consoles, 4 controllers, 1 light gun and a game for FIVE POUNDS. This has got to be the GREATEST thing I have ever found at any sale ever!

As the Consoles hadn't been touched in quite awhile they were caked in dust and other dirt so it took me a good 30 mins to clean up and get them all sorted out and imagine my surprise when I take a look inside my new Nintendo 64 and find that this console also had the Expansion Pak!

After getting all this stuff for so cheap I was curious to see how much all of this would cost if I were to buy online. To save time, I just searched Amazon

Sega Master System - Used from £16
Sega Master System II - Used from £28
Sega Mega Drive II - Used from £23
Nintendo 64 - Used from £26
Rampart - Used from £3 
Sega Master System Controller - Used from £8 each
Light Phaser - Used from £5
(all prices include postage and packaging prices)

So without even adding all of this up you can see I saved an ASS-LOAD of money on this
and I added a ton of new (old) stuff to my Retro Collection :D

Toku-R

4 comments:

  1. I'm denfinate going to this in the summer X3
    Fiver's a brill bargain. The only problem with sales like this is that you don't know whether the consoles work or not! But then again that's the whole point of car boot sales, taking risks.

    P.S the character on the lacquer box means double happiness (chinese doesn't translate well). Is used when people are getting married.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha yeah! I couldn't believe I found this!
    But yeah, I tried to set the lot up but its confusing, the N64 works cause I knew how to do it but I don't know the right channels for the Sega stuff.

    Ahh wow thank's much, I wanted to look up the chinese for it but I didn't know how haha
    I guess it represents 2 people's happiness becoming one right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yep tat's right two happiness together :D

    ReplyDelete